Saturday, June 14, 2014

Just Add Ink 218

JAI 218

Here is my entry for the Just Add Ink Challenge . I have chosen Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals and Gumball Green.

 I inked up the flower image (four times) in Raspberry Ripple and then added colour with my aqua painter and ink from the Primrose Petals ink pad. I layered two flowers and then cut the third down to show just the stamens and finally the last layer was just the very centre of the plant (I don't know the botanical name, it is a long time since I did biology at school!).
I stamped the foliage stamp (three times) in Gumball Green and then a fourth time direct onto the card, having first stamped off on a spare piece of paper. I wanted a subtle image to act as a shadow. I cut out the images and two were used intact. I adhered the first one over the shadow image on the card and added the other above but at a different angle. The third was cut into smaller pieces to add height and interest. I stamped just the bud, twice in green and twice in raspberry. I layered up the raspberry buds on the stalks and then cut the green buds down into fronds and layered them over the raspberry ones to resemble the bud emerging.
Finally I adhered the flower to the foliage and stamped the sentiment. All items used are from Stampin' Up!

8 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Kerry, this car dis such a labour of love, with all those layers, but it looks wonderful! Thanks so much for playing with us at JAI this week ♥

Christine Blain said...

Wow - what a lot of dimension you've got going on, on this 'one layer' card, Kerry! I can just picture you cutting out all those delicate pieces with your big scissors; amazing! Lovely card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful CAS styling Kerry...You've achieved lot's of dimension with all of your fussy cut layers...Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Patrice said...

Kerry your card is stunning! I love all that white space, yet your flower/foliage is so detailed with dimension. You must be a fan of fussy cutting lol.

Thanks for joining the Just Add Ink challenge again this week.

KimB said...

This looks deceptively simple Kerry but all those layers are a work of art. Love the cluster you created. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

Lovely CAS style. I lover your layered leaves. All that cutting would have been hard work. Chantell JAI

Tina said...

Oh wow! I love the complexity in your CAS card. It's fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

wienerhoneymooners said...

How did I MISS this??/!!! LOVE IT!!!